We arrived in Reykjavik this morning for Iceland Airwaves, and since the festival doesn’t start until tomorrow, yours truly planned on spending as much time as possible in search of vinyl. Only mildly deterred by the ridiculously cold and blustery weather (per an online weather site, it was 32 degrees F but felt like 19 degrees… but at least it wasn’t raining), we made it to Lucky Records, 12 Tonar, and Bad Taste Records. It was a pretty good haul of Icelandic punk and new wave, with the majority of it coming from my friends at Lucky.
In no particular order…
LPs / EPs
1. Berndsen – Lover in the Dark. OK, I already have this on CD, and I’ve even blogged about it. But it’s on bright pink vinyl, and I just had to pick it up.
2. Orghestar – Konungar Spaghettifrumskogarins. Try to say it ten times fast. No really. Try it.
3. Bodies – Bodies. Bodies.
4. Reptile – Fame and Fossils. This came from way out in left field, a recommendation from the guys at Lucky, and the little I sampled sounds good.
5. Sogblettir – Sogblettir. With a Psychadelic 60s inspired cover, except that it’s in black and white.
6. Sogblettir – Fyrsti Kossinn
7. Kamarorghestar – Bisar I Bana Studi
8. Menn – Reisn
9. Das Kapital – Lili Marlene
10. S.H. Draumur – God
11. Mike Pollock – Take Me Back
12. Bless – Melting
13. Thorlakur Kristinson – The Boys From Chicago. Side one, all acoustic solo. SIde two, rock.
14. Bubbi & Megas – Blair Draumar
1. S.H. Draumur – Bensin Skrimslid Skridur
2. Theyr – Idur Til Fota
7″ Singles / EPs
1. HAM – Sviksemi / Tveir Dalir
2. FM Belfast – Underwear
3. Retro Stefson – Qween (limited edition picture disc)
Man, if only I had a record player here!